PC to HD Plasma TV?

Hey I'm going on vacation starting friday and was thinking about taking my computer with me. My buddy has a 56inch HD Plasma and was thinking of taking my PC up and hooking it up to his TV.

Is there anything special I need or what type of cable do I want? It will be on my 8800gts. Just curious what type of resolution would that be for his TV?

Can't remember which model he bought but I know it has 1080I etc its a higher end one. I really want to see some of the games on it but don't feel like doing it if its going to be a huge hassel.

Plus note though if I do it he's got highspeed internet for the ps3 so I could acutally play some CSS or something with ya guys.

It's not a huge deal. Go to radioshack and they will have the converter for you(I forget what it's called.. I used to have one with my PS2 Linux Kit (yes they had linux on the playstation for a little while). It should only cost maybe 20-40 dollars if even that. You might need an RF converter for older tvs, but this one you probably will not. The only thing you need to do is plug in the cables and it works.

Hey I'm going on vacation starting friday and was thinking about taking my computer with me. My buddy has a 56inch HD Plasma and was thinking of taking my PC up and hooking it up to his TV.

Is there anything special I need or what type of cable do I want? It will be on my 8800gts. Just curious what type of resolution would that be for his TV?

Can't remember which model he bought but I know it has 1080I etc its a higher end one. I really want to see some of the games on it but don't feel like doing it if its going to be a huge hassel.

Plus note though if I do it he's got highspeed internet for the ps3 so I could acutally play some CSS or something with ya guys.

just use the s-video splitter that came with your card and plug it in on the s-video on the back and connect the cables, it will be the blue, green, and red HD compenent cables. a regular monitor is "hi-def"

well since its a 56 inch plasma
it will have ether dvi or hdmi
so just use a dvi cable or a dvi to hdmi cable no big deal
and for audio just get the red/white to green cable adapter

Okay so i'm getting a few different responses lol. Well I know my graphics card came with a HD TV cable with the plug ins rudster described.

As for audio I forgot about that. I've got piles of the red/yellow/white cables lying around. Will hook into my X-Fi? If not I'll probally take my 2.1 system up just in case I can't figure out how to get his audio to work. He's got a 5.1 surround sound system any easy way to hook into his reciever?

This will be new to me so I may decide to do it just for the experience.

I know my other buddy should have a DVI cable lying around would that provide just as good as a picture as going with rudsters suggestion?

Yo just get a HDMI cable, and a DVI to HDMI converter. Plug the HDMI to the TV and it works. I did it on my 46 inch for a couple months. You gota play around with the resolutions though. I think it has to be 1366 by 768 or something.

Yo just get a HDMI cable, and a DVI to HDMI converter. Plug the HDMI to the TV and it works. I did it on my 46 inch for a couple months. You gota play around with the resolutions though. I think it has to be 1366 by 768 or something.

How much would those cables be? I don't want to spend much since its just a friends TV and I have not bought a plasma yet. I plan to in a few months or so but I'll worry about a good cable then.

Back
Top Bottom