PC hardware upgrade help.

cannonized

Beta member
I would like to upgrade the video card on my computer, however with so many different cards out there I don't really know where to begin. My current video card is an AMD Radeon HD 6450. My PC is an HP Pavilion Elite HPE-500f Desktop.

Link: HP Pavilion Elite HPE-500f Desktop PC (BV535AA) specifications - HP Home & Home Office Products

I'd like to be able to run Diablo 3 cleanly. The beta ran pretty clean but at a low video setting. I've never done anything internal on a PC other than adding RAM. Is it just as simple? And if I upgrade the video card do I need to upgrade the power supply or anything else?

Thanks in advance!

Yeah just as simple as putting in more ram but you would put the card into the pci express slot.
I think you will need to upgrade the power supply if you get a new card like a radeon hd 6790, 6850, or even a 6950 ( Nvidia cards would be like the 560, 580)

Your computer just needs a new graphics card, it doesn't need any more RAM than 8GB for games really. I have 4GB and mine runs the D3 beta perfectly. I have a Nvidia GTX260 which runs it on high settings so you should be great if you just buy a GTX560. Reading the specs on the 560 on Nvidias website it says that the minimum PSU should be 450W and your HP has a 460W power supply so you're cutting it tight on power. If you have the cash, go out and get another power supply, a 550W I'd recommend. Also, make sure that you have 2 6-pin PCI-E power connectors to power the GPU!

Back
Top Bottom