Parts in, ready to build!

MarxSoccer

BSOD
Got everything in. Everything looks fine, expcet the mobo I'm kinda confused about. I didn't order the SLI version, but I got it! I need to compare it with the ones on newegg though, just so I know what version I got I guess :confused:

Other than that all looks good, It's currently 1:45, central time. I have to drive from 4-6, so about 6:30'ish I should be starting. I've got it all down, just need to read up more on that mobo :(

Probably not, no camcorder =\ I'm gonna take pictures though :)

I've been wondering about software, AV etc.. Currently I use AVG, ZoneAlarm, and spybot, is that a fairly nice setup, or is there better?

Wow, a mistake by Newegg perhaps?? SLi motherboard is still good to have since you now have the option of dual video cards now. The only problem with that board is the lack of SATAII support. I don't think it will be a problem for you. The SATAII hard drive should work ok on a SATAI controller, just won't go that fast as SATAII will allow.

It says it supports Sata 3.0gb/s...

Glad to see you finally on..

So far, I have the psu installed, optical drive and floppy drive are sitting in there bays, then I haven't mounted the mobo yet, but have the ram installed and the processor/heatsink/fan

Only think I'm not sure about is, well, only real thing is where things plug into on the mobo. I think I'm going to screw it in place though, and go from there. I've found where the 4 usb ports on the front of my case go, don't know where the power led and switch go, reset switch/led etc..

Those wires usually go into those pins on the motherboard located near the edge of the board, maybe bottom right somewhere. If you have a magnifying glass, you can make out the small abreviated description (ie, HD LED, RESET, SPEAKERS, PWR SWITCH, etc. and so on or something like that). Just plug the case wires with the matching pins on the motherboard.

The motherboard booklet should have pretty detail description on that part (installing case wires to motherboard pins) along with detail picture of the USB header install. They even made that picture really big to show polarity of the pins making it even easier (the +'s and the -'s). At least in all my manuals, they did.

Most motherboard manuals have a diagram of where things go. So just look at that for reference. And glad to see you go your new parts!

Back
Top Bottom