partitioning

crazyman143

Fully Optimized
this is like one of the stupidest questions I'm going to ask and I should know this already but here goes. I feel paranoid lately ok? lol

well I'm thinking of adding another partition to my hdd and installing linux on it, but if I want to go about deleting this partition and getting my space back how will I do it? and also If I decide to install it on another harddrive is there an option to have it ask me which hard drive to boot like it does with two partitions?

yea there is a setting in the bios to select which harddrive to boot first. you can use a parition program, like partition manager or magic.

When you install linux you create the partition. So just create clear space on your HDD. For getting rid of linux, just use software to reformat. You don't need to do anything special.

If you decide to get two HDD's and want windows on one and linux on the other, you can change the boot sector to be able to choose from which drive. You can do that durring the installation, or change it later in linux.

You can also change it easily in windows. Just by going into the boot.ini file, which is a simple change but you should knwo what you are doing, or by goijng into the correct tab in device manager. I have 3 OS's on my old pc, and no problems switching preference order. There is also a program that comes with the partition magic suite called boot magic, but its a waste when u can do it easily through windows.

d_source said:
You can also change it easily in windows. Just by going into the boot.ini

Linux does not use the boot.ini file. If linux is on the computer it is always the /etc/fstab file.

Back
Top Bottom