Owning my comp

Ok so my comp is running windows xp with AMD athlon 64 processor at 2.21 ghz and 512 mb of ram. It still runs pretty good but I want to just bring it up a little bit. I was thinking of over clocking it just a little like 5% and wanted to delete alot of stuff. I tryed to reformat my C: but it wouldent let me. How else can I delete my c drive and will I have to install windows? Because I dont have a disc. Also any other sujestions on making it a little better would be appreciated

a. you can not format C: from within windows
b. as stated you can not format/reinstall without an os disk or recovery disk
c. more ram is going to help your cause more than anything

King of Kings said:
Ok so my comp is running windows xp with AMD athlon 64 processor at 2.21 ghz and 512 mb of ram. It still runs pretty good but I want to just bring it up a little bit. I was thinking of over clocking it just a little like 5% and wanted to delete alot of stuff. I tryed to reformat my C: but it wouldent let me. How else can I delete my c drive and will I have to install windows? Because I dont have a disc. Also any other sujestions on making it a little better would be appreciated
dude, if u have windows on ur "c:" drive, and u reformat or delete ur "c:" drive, u wont have windows anymore. lol.

oh, and before u delete or reformat anything, make sure u right down ur windows cd key. then u can just reformat ur drive, borrow a friend's windows install cd, and install windows(using ur windows key)

ugg well thats screws me over hard. Is there any "search and destroy" program that will delete everything except windows?

Do you have the CDKey for Windows? If you do, just borrow your next door neighbor's disc, and use your CDKey.

well.. if you go to control panel and remove all programs... if that's really what you want, i'm not even sure why you want to delete your c drive.

Back
Top Bottom