Overclocking GPU/Memory

just5commas

Solid State Member
I own an XFX 6600GT and I am wondering whether or not it is a good idea to overclock it. It currently idles at around 33C and gets up to like 55C under FEAR and HL2. The core shutoff is 145C but I know XFX has had some problems with high temperatures and overclocking voids the warrenty. Think its worth the performance increase for an overclock if I am careful?

yeh, ya mite aswel, iv got the XFX Geforce 6600GT 256mb pci-e, iv overclocked mine 2 550MHz core and 1000MHZ memory, then idle the temp is about 49 or 50, wen playin games it goes to about 60, the performance is abit better, but i ran a test on aquamark03 wen i overclocked it 2 600MHz and it wasnt workin prob so i put it down 2 550MHz, it works fine now. i dont no if ya should go past 550MHz core with the 6600GT

download something called coolbits (google and find) and it adds something to the registry which makes a new option in your nvidia options called "clock frquency settings" and u can do it from there, theres also rivatuner but i thinik coolbits is the best

or if its a retail gc, there should be a overclocking thing on the cd wot ya get with the card

gc1234.jpg

yes an overclocking program does come with it but its useless, coolbits is way better because it sets the clocks for u on startup so you're not having to change them every time

na, ya dont have 2 change it every time with the nvidia 1, like it says apply these settings at startup

ya that thing is EXACTLY the same as coolbits, but most people dont have it come with their cards so he will have to download it

sry bout the double post but i dont no y that pic looks like crap...my moniter isnt really like that lol
rbut neway i love that program..i can play quake 4 on highest settings now!

Back
Top Bottom