Overclocking Athlon 64 3000+, 3500+

Thats from one forum I read from... so might not be that accurate... though I don't see why with really good cooling, and the right system components, you can't push it that little bit more (it might sizzle but hehe...)

I'm only planning on overclocking to 2.6 though... Wouldn't try to go any higher... I might even overclock less than that. I guess it depends on how thnigs go when I connect everything up :)... and how much I understand this FSB and stuff!

*KaGe*

Update:

Today this computers took more of a hit from something, but I have decided to go for the 3500+ afterall... I don't want to push the CPU that much with overclocking, since my lucks pretty much drained :(

At least with this CPU, I only have to go up 400MHZ to get it to 2.6 which is what I will try and get it to...

Buying a new case too, with new PSU (Old one must be going). Either the XG Viper, or Sidewinder. Both which are rather cheap for what you get, and has adequate cooling. Something at the moment I do not have (Open case on both sides, massive room fan blowing cold air in, and still getting 52 degrees CPU (Thunderbird 1200), and 35 degrees system!) :(

http://www.xgbox.com/ (Kewl or what?)

*KaGe*

Im getting the 3000+ apparently it can be overclocked well with only the stock fan and heatsink in it....

3200 + can go to 2.6 with stock hsf so for 20 bux extra or wutever i think it may be better to get the 3200, but ohwell

Woh, Trance 565, well done :D

Just been out today to buy a new case, hoping that the parts would arrive today too, but prob monday now.

Its really kewl, made by i-cute, model number: 0408XL-SS. Has a really good looking propeller blade at the front, with a 120mm blue led fan behind it, and two r,g,b fans at the back, and room for a fan at the side... and a glowing 500W. That should cool things down nicely :D

The case is the one on the bottom left. This isn't where I bought it from though, plus got it much cheaper than that :D :

http://www.compaid.co.uk/cases.htm

Having worries that the PSU hasn't got enough power connectors though. Is there a way of turning the PSU on to run the fans without having a motherboard in? Just to test? Because I think i'd need the motherboard to tell it to turn on, but the person who I bought it from had them running all without...

*KaGe*

The only thing is u can overclock to 2.6 and say its the same as an fx55 but yet it wont perform as good as that because the fx55 has twice the L2 cache!!

Back
Top Bottom