overclocking amd

Gamingfreak

Fully Optimized
ok i have an amd and its driving me insane i have no idea how to overclock it (well i do i just dont get some stuff) anyway i know i need to do some stuff with the memory divider but i have no idea what that is or where it is so if someone could explain that would be great.

thx in advance

lurkswithin said:

instead of posting links, why dont you try and help him yourself instead of making him read through that pile of junk?

I will help you upfront Gaming_Freak. To use a memory divider, you simply need to find your VDIMM setting. It should be a simple larger number such as DDR/2, or 166, 133, 100, etc. This setting decreases the VDIMM voltage on the cross charge plate, which makes the RAM run slower then the posted BUS speed. I hope this helps a bit. REMEMBER: VDIMM voltage 1xx number= DIVIDER.

gaming_freak said:
i cant find my VDIMM setting in the bios could it be called something else?

It may just be VDIMM clock, or a random strange name. Look for a list of numbers such as 33, 66, 100, 133, 166, 200, 233, 266, 300, 333, etc all together (not necessarily all of those though)

i tried but all i found was my ram setting thing that i can set the max clock for my ram and thats it maybe i dont have one?

Back
Top Bottom