Overclocking

kofaz

Baseband Member
I am looking to overclock my Amd Bulldozer fx 6100 processor but i was wondering which is the best 3rd party cooling fans to use for it.

That's AM3+ I believe, so Water cooling may be a good option, if not look at Arctic cooling and the coolermaster fans, you cant go wrong with them.!

sorry forgot to mention that yes it is am3+. And how much do u reckon a basic water cooling kit for it would be.

you dont necessarily need a water cooling kit, it depends on how much you want to overclock. If you are thinking of doing a light overclock of lets say anywhere up to 1.2 ghz above the stock speed then you will only need an aftermarket fan/heatsink. some air cooled heatsinks can actually go up to 2 ghz above stock speeds if you get the right one and the right thermal paste. Now if you want to get a water cooling kit then by all means more power to you. Corsair has the hydro series water cooling kits: h40, h50, h60, h70, h80 and h100.

the h 40 to the h70 are "basic" kits for starting out and i would recommend one of those for you while the h80 and h100 are larger, especially the h100, and more expensive, at least 100 dollars

The fan options sounds good as well. i will only be doing light overclocking to begin with

Back
Top Bottom