Overclocked Processor

Jamxx

Fully Optimized
I just overclocked my AMD 64 3000+ (Socket 754) to 2.2 GHz and raised the voltage in the BIOS to about 1.625 V. Now, I love my little SpeedFan program, and it says that my voltage for VCore1 is bouncing between 1.58 V and 1.62 V.

Is it normal for it to vary this much? Whenever I'm in a CPU intensive application (like AquaMark3, for instance), it'll go up to 1.62 V, but when I'm not (like right now), it's going down to about 1.58 V.

Anyone???

EDIT: By the way, it just rebooted randomly while in sleep mode. I was playing Gran Turismo 4 and it just rebooted, randomly. No screen-saver was on, it was asleep. Weird... Is the voltage dropping too low or what?

I have an Aspire 500 watt power supply...

thats usual normal... 0.04 range... should be normal ... if its crashing you should put some more voltage to it

that seems like a lot of voltage but im not sure what the standard is for a 754 socket the highest mine goes is 1.55v so make sure u dont put it to high and if it rebooted that means its not stable and keep in mind that when you're overclocking the memory speeds up to so dont forget to increase the voltage to that as well and keep an eye on the temps

I've got it sorted out. I'm running it, stable, at 2.2 GHz, with my voltage running between about 1.62 and 1.66, averaging about 1.64. Played Half-Life 2 for about 20 minutes just to make sure everything is hunky-dory. Temperatures were okay with the CPU at about 50 degrees Celsius maximum, with the graphics card running at a warm 96 degrees Celsius! :D

Why does everything in my computer run so HOT?! I'm really quite surprised I haven't gotten any artifacts out of the graphics card yet. Sheesh!

By the way, according to the model number on my processor and AMD's structure and meaning of that model number, the maximum temperature for my Athlon 64 3000+ Socket 754 (in case anyone else is wondering) is 70 degrees Celsius. I'm not too worried about it running at 50 degrees. Maximum temperature for the 6600GT: now it's officially whatever mine runs at. :D

Unbelievable, 96 degrees celsius. I believe you have the hottest graphics card here. Mines running at only 45 degrees. My CPU is at 29-30 degrees celsius. Then again, I didn't run any games when I checked out the temps.

And if you remember, I was always the one paranoid about temperatures when I first built my computer and posted here. Now, I'm laughing about my 200 (when it was new!) dollar graphics card that you could easily cook an egg on the heatsink or just about boil water on. :D

That's okay though. No artifacts! That's what I really find unbelievable! It only skyrockets to 96 degrees in Half-Life 2, though.

By the way, you guys, if you like racing and own a PS2, should really check out Gran Turismo 4 if you haven't yet. I got it two days ago and I'm hooked! It is great fun! Except the autosave feature is annoying because I am still learning when it saves and when it doesn't compared to Gran Turismo 3, and it made me lose about 1.5 hours of hardcore racing and winning a 100,000 dollar championship. Grr... Oh well, it was great fun, so I'll just do it again tomorrow. :D

Christmas Eve is tomorr-... well... today... actually, in my time zone. :D

the 6600gts always seem to get really hot i would suggest a zalman fan for it just to be on the safe side

ok i have the same proc. well mines venice idk wut yours is but im running mine at 2.3 and it is about 40-42 on load. cpu freq. is at 230, dimm voltage is at 2.5, chipset is at 1.5.

You might want to increase the VCore voltage up. Your temperatures are brilliant. Mine will go up to about 50 degrees. The maximum is about 65-70 for all Athlon 64's. For the socket 754 of mine, it is 70 as I said above.

And about the fan: I'm not going to change anything on it! It has no artifacts whatsoever, and I'm getting a system overhaul most likely in the spring. If it dies before then... well... I'll work something out. :D

Back
Top Bottom