Over Clocking Failed? Bios Problem?

Lasereye

Beta member
I recently bought a biostar P4m800 Pro-m7 motherboard and Intel pentium D 830 3.0Ghz / 2mb cache / 800 FSB / OEM / Socket 755 / Dual-core processor

my old power supply blew my other motherboard, and i bought this new one with a barebone and when i start my computer up, it says; checksum error, overclocking failed f1 to ...... resetting cmos/bios does not work, it sometimes works(rarely) and goes into windows, but restarting just has the same problem. Ive looked at the settings of the bios, and tryed to figure out which one would make it work, and it just resets! :confused: This is the SECOND motherboard of the same kind, i now have 2 worthless motherboards sitting around. :mad: It is not an ASUS motherboard and ive heard of the problems with them. Also, its a new power supply and i tryed another one, but IT KILLED THE POWER SUPPLY!

Thanks

Don't buy Biostar motherboards.

Take it back and get a refund, then go buy an Asus motherboard.

ASUS fanboyism? The Biostar P965 mobo is quite a good clocker, don't know about their M7 board. But yeah, ASUS is usually the king for Intel processors.

Can you get into the BIOS? If you can then try loading the default settings in

Raffaz said:
Can you get into the BIOS? If you can then try loading the default settings in

yeah ive done that about a bagillion times... ok so biostar are peices of junk? :(

Lasereye said:
ok so biostar are peices of junk? :(
If you've had 2 of them and they both went bad, wouldn't you think so too?

Both of my computers have Asus boards in them and I've never had a problem with either one. One is about 5-6 years old now.

Back
Top Bottom