OS Question

tj107us1

In Runtime
Im looking at getting Windows 7 for my new gaming pc, and i was looking on newegg.com and they have a OEM version and a FULL verison. Whats the difference does the full have all of the crap like microsoft office demo?

ok thanks, the oem is what i used when i put a new hard drive in my laptop, but then saw the full version and was wondering what it had in it.

You replaced the os when putting in a new hard drive? All you need to do is reinstall from the restore cd it came with or backup with norton ghost.

Reuse the oem license you bought on your other computer, and reinstall the laptop's original os using the product key listed on the bottom.

my lappy came with vista and when i got a virus i just replaced the HD and wanted to try out Win 7, cause i heard it was like xp only better!! They are right i like Win 7.

Oh okay then. I just bought a copy of w7 as well because xp is not compatible with eyefinity (triple monitor gaming) even though I hated the RC, so we shall see how it goes. Btw, get home premium. Anything else is not necessary for 99% of people.

Back
Top Bottom