Opinions on my planned computer build

To quote Gerald Ford, "Never say never."

Hold on, wasn't that Justin? :lol:

By the way, OP, when I say 4k, I'm also including high FPS 1440p monitors. Instead of getting 2 1080s you could just get 1 1080 Ti and make do with that. Getting a SLI configuration from scratch is not such a good idea, if there are better options out there.

What the... I wasn't predicting the future 10 years from now... What a pointless comment.

I am already using a LOT more than 16 GB 9f ram in rendering, photo enlargement and printing and video and music editing.

So much for predicting the future. It wasn't even a good prediction of the present for a lot of uses.

I am already using a LOT more than 16 GB 9f ram in rendering, photo enlargement and printing and video and music editing.

So much for predicting the future. It wasn't even a good prediction of the present for a lot of uses.

You clearly are not here to help because the OP only plans to game. If you wanted to help you would have read his comments.

You're right when saying this particular machine will probably not use 64GB at all during it's lifetime, but if one 16GB stick is comparable in cost to two 8GB ones, I'd get one or two 16GB sticks to make it easier to upgrade*if* he had the need in the future.

You're right when saying this particular machine will probably not use 64GB at all during it's lifetime, but if one 16GB stick is comparable in cost to two 8GB ones, I'd get one or two 16GB sticks to make it easier to upgrade*if* he had the need in the future.

Most motherboard have 4 slots. And for Dual Channel you need at least 2 sticks, so I'd still get 2 8Gb ones to start using the dual channel as soon as possible.

You clearly are not here to help because the OP only plans to game. If you wanted to help you would have read his comments.

Lol my comment was directed at the erroneous claim that you'll never need more than 16 GB.
I guess you didn't read ALL the comments. :)

Lol my comment was directed at the erroneous claim that you'll never need more than 16 GB.
I guess you didn't read ALL the comments. :)

Exactly. You are not here to help, just to correct me.

Person 1: -Hey I need a PC to do some gaming, how much RAM do you think I need?
Person 2: -Hey you will never need more than 16Gb, don't worry about it.
Person 3: -That's not true! My father works in NASA and he uses 32! :cool:
Person 2: :facepalm:

That's what just happened.

Can we stop with this? Yes I may not need more than 16 gigs of memory but I'd rather have the peace of mind knowing that unless I were doing something really resource heavy I won't lag my computer. And the same with the graphics, I want them to be as good as I can make them in that game, so I'd rather go overkill on the graphics.

Can we stop with this? Yes I may not need more than 16 gigs of memory but I'd rather have the peace of mind knowing that unless I were doing something really resource heavy I won't lag my computer. And the same with the graphics, I want them to be as good as I can make them in that game, so I'd rather go overkill on the graphics.

I don't understand where people get from that overkill=future proofing. That is not how it works. IF you ever need more RAM, get another 16Gb stick. That's future proofing. Getting soething that can be upgraded. Leave 2 slots open, install RAM anytime you want. Problem solved. You don't have to get 64Gb RAM "just in case".

Back
Top Bottom