Which one is faster?

I'd take the dual core. Since dual cores are cool. And the bits are very different from the processor clock speed. U shouldn't even try to compare amd and intel by clock speeds, since intel would win always, but it's not just about the clock speed.

Same. I agree with daemon. The dual cores are out and are better. Single core won't really do much in the long run, considering that the 3800+ is almost the same as 4000+.

I would definitely say the dual core as my 4200 has been running PERFECTLY. No matter what I chuck at it, it just eats it up and spits it back at me. I can run all my health checks (spyware, adware, virus and defragent my hard drive) while using say Dark Basic Pro, or playing a game with absolutely NO slow down whatsoever. I have no managed to get it above the 50% useage mark yet :)

On the gaming side of it, I can easily say that it will run extremely well if you team it up with a decent graphics card (i.e. the 6800 or 7800 series from nVidia, or the X850XT from ATI).

Multi-threading technology will become more widely used soon and so the dual core will stand you in good stead for the future :D

dual core is definetly the option for future oriented buyers, i agree that there arent many applications of dual core or 64 bit but that day will probably be sooner than we think...hopefully

Most games will be taking advantage of the dual core very soon. And so I thínk that other programs will do it too.

Back
Top Bottom