WHICH ONE EH? (video cards) ( Experts, come here please) (thank you) (appreciate it)

itzdylan24

In Runtime
should i get 2 evga 8600 gts in Sli mode or the 8800gts?
both cost the same amount when added up

ITs A VERY HARD DECISION!:confused: :confused:

Get the 8800GTS :)

Why? Well, SLI isn't supported properly in a lot of games yet, and 2x a card, doesn't always mean double the performance. You'll still be stuck with a card that is slower than some Direct X 9 cards, expected to run Direct X 10...

So yeah, the 8800GTS definietly :p

Then, when you can afford it, get another!

Okay, well one 8800GTS will be enough :p

That a CPU cooler you linked me to? If thats what you meant to link me to, then no, don't buy that for cooling of the CPU.
I recommend the Zalman 9700, and the Tuniq 120 if you are going to overclock a lot.
Or theres the Ultra Extreme 120, yet that doesn't come with fans or paste, and its just as expensive, if not more than the others.

Yeah well from what I have been told because I asked the exact same question would be to go with the 8800GTS and then in a few months when another big game comes out you can get another for alot cheaper. Even better would be to wait till the new cards come out in jan-feb 2008 then the 8800GTS will be cheaper =).

Another thing I was told though was to just never SLI if you can afford the top of the line card. Just always sell your old card when a new one comes out and buy the new one. Like with what I said previously sometimes you can wait till the new cards come out and before you think there will be a price drop sell the old card for as much as possible and go get the new card the day they come out. Good places to sell are local used goods sites because you can sell for alot more there because people don't always know the value of a card. Like a card that sold brand new now for $300 will sell used when new cards come out for $250 even though they were reduced in price and probably sell brand new for $200.

I just read that and I hope I didn't confuse you because it does kinda not make sense lol.

Yes, they should do.
I'd always go and pick up either Arctic Silver though, or on this build I used a OCZ silver compound.

yea i understanf. no sli for me.

i just like that cpu cooler because it looked hella cool. my original plan was indeed the tuniq tower.

Back
Top Bottom