OMG why does bioshock hate my pc

Anubis1980

Daemon Poster
K well titles says it all, im soo peeved, I thought the demo was why my pc was slooooow in the game, but the full version is exactly the same, its annoying.

The fps can range from 15-40 at 1280x1024, to me this resolution is far too low, my native is 1680x1050 and at that res i get a max of 25fps or around there, AA and AF make no diff whatsoever being forced on, so i assume its an engine thing. THe thing that really affects the speed is the shadow option, when i disable it, fps jump to 40-100 its mad, why do the shadows effect it so much, ive seen several benchmarks and they disable shadowsn and it only affects the fps by about 2-3.

Its driving me mad, my pc should be able to run it better than it is, no idea if its an sli thing or just a very badly coded game, i still get the black squares on the game all over the place, i thought a driver update wud fix this, but nope still there. My card isnt artifacting, theyre huge blocks all over the screen. Anyway im going mad lol, if anyone has had similar probs and managed to fix them id appreciate the help.

Thanks for the replies, yeah im running it in sli, the best mode is AFR tried the rest, theyre all slower, no background processes that arent needed are running, its a clean streamlined install of xp just for games, also i tried the latest drivers and they ran far worse than the older ones i use. I use the tweaked 162.50 they work far better than the nvidia beta ones, still had black squares in both drivers. I actually found quite a few people who have nbeen having the same black squares on their 7950 GT so not sure if it affects all people with the 7950 GT, GX2 etc, cant see why it should though.

Back
Top Bottom