Older Comp Faster than Old?

Definitely no virus, I reformatted it and reinstalled the O/S. Both comp's are tweaked the same, not much, but the same nonetheless. Both have 7200 rpm drives. The only difference is the Core2 has Win XP Pro where as the AMD has XP.

Im confused. Your writing sucks, I dont mean to be an a-hole but I cant really understand you. Maybe it's just me.

To help you,

the only thing I can think of is bloatware...

Im confused.o help you,

icon_facepalm.gif

Reading skillz FTW
I reformatted it and reinstalled the O/S

Im confused. Your writing sucks, I dont mean to be an a-hole but I cant really understand you. Maybe it's just me.

To help you,

What are you talking about man? What part of what I said is confusing?

No bloatware. These were not retail computers, they only have O/S installed, no additional software.

Yeah, because you formatted and installed xp over everything.

Um, no. These were custom builds and only had O/S on them. I recently formatted and reinstalled O/S so they were like the first day I got them. But as far as "bloatware" or any extra 3rd party software goes, it was never on there.

Um, no. These were custom builds and only had O/S on them. I recently formatted and reinstalled O/S so they were like the first day I got them. But as far as "bloatware" or any extra 3rd party software goes, it was never on there.

Isn't that saying that I'm correct? You formatted and reinstalled the OS?

Did you check your BIOS to see if things like CPU Thermal Control, C1E EHS, and Intel Speed Step features are enabled which lower the multiplier while the computer is at what it thinks is "idle". Use CPU-Z and check the Real-Time clocks.

Isn't that saying that I'm correct? You formatted and reinstalled the OS?

No. Youre idea was that they do not contain bloatware because of my formatting and reinstallation. But that's not the reason. They originally, being non-retail comps, did not contain bloatware.

Did you check your BIOS to see if things like CPU Thermal Control, C1E EHS, and Intel Speed Step features are enabled which lower the multiplier while the computer is at what it thinks is "idle". Use CPU-Z and check the Real-Time clocks.

Hi,

Are you saying that Speed Step should be enabled? That's the main difference here. I disabled Speed Step in the BIOS because I had read several times on how it intefers with cpu computing.

Thanks

I did mean to say check if they are enabled. If they are, disable them. They don't necessarily interfere with computing, but they lower clock multiplier and voltage and it does take a small bit of time to kick them back up to speed. Or sometimes, if the demand is not high enough, it stays at the underclocked setting.

Back
Top Bottom