Old question with a twist

Wow perfect, now send this thread in a different direction.

I am looking to spend about >$50 on a new CPU cooler. Mine is practically a stock one and saddens me haha.

My socket is LGA 775, with these two new parts my computer will be cooler and more efficient.

Probably by Friday I will buy a re-loadable visa card and do all of this. I remember when I used to do for other online games I should have thought about it before.

The best air cooler you can buy right now is the tuniq tower 120 extreme.

Costs $63 at newegg. I can find something a little cheaper if you like, but this is well worth the cost.

Cooler master V8 for $52 if you want to save a few bucks. http://www.sundialmicro.com/cooler_master_cpu_cooler_v8-rruv8xbu1gp_2075_1471.html The tuniq cools way better though, just depends what you are willing to spend.

forget that, we're only talking a few degrees here, get a Kingwin XT-1264 for $32 shipped, it's basically a Xigmatek S1283 clone and stays within a few degrees of the top dollar HSFs, check out the reviews...

TweakTown

Bjorn3d

FrostyTech

overclockersclub

plus you can take the $ you save there and put it towards a XFX 4890 for roughly $218 shipped, that's $250 total, you had $200 for the video card and $50 for the cooler right...? that's right on your total and the 4890 beats the GTX260 216SP hands down even though that XFX model has a crappy PCB and doesn't overclock well...

Keep in mind of the dimensions of the HSF and if it will fit in your case without causing any problems.

plus you can take the $ you save there and put it towards a XFX 4890 for roughly $218 shipped, that's $250 total, you had $200 for the video card and $50 for the cooler right...? that's right on your total and the 4890 beats the GTX260 216SP hands down even though that XFX model has a crappy PCB and doesn't overclock well...

5770 performs at 4890 levels with the Cat 10.3 drivers.

and the hawk OC's better, runs cooler, and has DX11.

Oh and that is the XFX crap pcb 4890. AKA the worst video card ever made. I wouldn't pay over $100 for it tbh.

I am using this case.

So I am confused on which would be the best graphics card for me now haha.

Out of those three you guys named which would be the very best for my money and the CPU cooler WOL posted. I will get that cooler, but now it is all up to the gpu.

I think by Friday I will be ordering all of this.

Fry's is so terrible on prices for graphics cards that's why I was hoping there was another place to go. Fry's is about a 3-5 drive away.

Ah. There's a Microcenter in Cincinatti if you want to check it out. Bit of a drive though....probably not worth the gas.

So far my plan is to a prepaid $250 visa card and order what I need from newegg once I know what GPU and CPU cooler is the best for my build.

I think that is a more sensible option.

Back
Top Bottom