Old Hp problem?

konaman

Beta member
I have an old HP i think its called an M70 and it has windows 98. Now the problem is when i goto turn it on it gets to a blue screen with hewlett packard pavilion written on it and thats where it freezes. It just sits there and wont boot up any further, it started when my mate tried to install a game and it froze and we had to shut it down and then when we went to turn it back on the problem discribed above happened. I donno if its a hardware problem or operating system i was thinking power supply but that doesnt really explain the problem happening just after i tried to install a game?
any help is greatly appreciated, thanks.

Well you can exclude the PSU problem. If it was the PSU the comp wouldnt turn on. It could be a numder of things. Try inserting a 98 Disk and see what happens. If you can formatt then its not a hardware problem im asumming. Im thinking it might be a corrupt OS since he did try to install a game and it did happen right after it. Im not sure on how to get it back. If you can reinstall. I would try that.

Nah you cant get it into safe mode and you cant reinstall it because it doesnt get far enough into the booting process.

Back
Top Bottom