Old hard drive

Yeah, i know. But, i think its toast. I know that i am pretty certain that it was from my first computer back around 2012.it had more than enough dust on it so i am not gonna do anything else to it. I plan to get another ssd for my current computer and after cloning it, the drive i have in it will be my backup drive for this computer. I need to figure out how to do that and set it up so i maybe need help with that. I have heard that you use a smaller ssd and use a bigger hd for storage. Should be fun....

I have a lot of software on DVDs and they're pretty much useless since Win 10.

So recovering software from old drives are probably a waste of time but getting stuff like family pics are not.

I plan to get another ssd drive again. Will then clone my current drive to the ssd and make the current drive my backup. The current drive is my 10000 rpm drive. This one is one of the new drives. Its a 250gb. Will be getting a 250 gb drive to make as main drive. Right now with all the programs i am only using about 55gb. I can't connect to that old drive as my board don't have a ide connector on it so i well make sure its toast too. Its a old ide 80 gb 5600 rpm drive. Anyway, it as a computer, works pretty fast but a ssd will really speed it up even more. Anyway thats the plan.
How is it going?

How is it going?

I haven't even looked yet. Right now too many irons in the fire. I am starting to have issues with my health and it is taking more time than i would like. Then there's the model railroad, and fish tank. I haven't worked on my new engines. the fish tank i had do get help with water changes and some of the cleanup in the tank. If, i'd saw this coming, i would have not got the fish tank. Would not have rebuilt the train layout! My hands and back in the lower back and neck. Anyway i will see how this works out, wd66

I haven't even looked yet. Right now too many irons in the fire. I am starting to have issues with my health and it is taking more time than i would like. Then there's the model railroad, and fish tank. I haven't worked on my new engines. the fish tank i had do get help with water changes and some of the cleanup in the tank. If, i'd saw this coming, i would have not got the fish tank. Would not have rebuilt the train layout! My hands and back in the lower back and neck. Anyway i will see how this works out, wd66

Hand tough, Dan. Hopefully things will take an uptick quickly.

I am tired of getting ...old!! Went to my doctor today. Everything is good but for the pain. He wanted to get me another Pain Med...sure..right!! I don't think the doctors at the VA ever look at just what they are dealing out to us! Deb checked the med out for me and no way i am taking that med. So...I am back to Advil...

Well, I'm taking Hydrocodone, pain is that bad. I'm set up for lower back injections and ct scan/xray for neck this month.

We may complain about being old but we are still alive. I've outlived a lot of people I know including those that's younger than me.

Back
Top Bottom