ok i need help with my american ps2

kevkid

Baseband Member
ok soo i know this is kinda off topic but im thinking of buying a japanese game that just came out over in japan, but the problem is that will it work on my unmodified amarican fat ps2???
cuz i dont want to buy somthing that dosnt work on my hardware

no, it won't work..

you'll have to get something to mod your ps2..unless of course you want to hack into your ps2 and change settings around...there is something that you can by that will make it adatable but i have no idea...

google it

I think you can, I bought a load of games in spain, for my english PS2, all you need to do is change the language, within the game, which you get an option for anyway..

japenese games are different though...because well they are made in japan, and ship over here, reworked and made into american.. I know distinctly there is a difference between the japanese playstations and american... what it is i don't know....but i know that japanese games won't work...google it to make sure...but i am almost 100% postive.

If you have an import version of the PS2, for example if you are in USA and you have bought a Japanese PS2, then you will encounter several compatibility problems. In fact, every console is produced to work just in a precise area of the world. In other words, a Japanese PS2 will work only with Japanese DVD movies and Japanese games; an American PS2 will play only american DVDs and American games. Anyhow, there are several mod chips available which make your PS2 able to play games and movies coming from every part of the world. Use of modchips to play games imported from other countries is not illegal. < I google that...

Back
Top Bottom