OK, I just got Google's Gmail...

NLAlston1

Baseband Member
and I am liking it a lot. I have also followed the given instructions, to the letter (or so I believe), for integrating 'Mozilla's Thunderbird' with it. Upon testing the setup out, I get the following error message:

An error occurred while sending mail. The mail server responded: 5.7.0. Must issue a STARTTLS command first 20sm634724nzp. Please verify that your email address is correct in your mail preferences and try again.

My email address is correctly entered, but I don't know to what the rest of this message is referring to. Could someone please forward a simple blueprint for marrying the above two programs together? It would be most appreciated.

tur of the sucure/encryptced mail as STARTTLS is like a https conection exept for e-mail

I have one too. I love it. I have 100 invites left if anyone wants one. Just pm me your email address.

OK.....I see where I went wrong. I did everything right on Thunderbird's end, but neglected one step on Gmail's side. I did not go in and check the 'Enable Pop Email' box (Duh!!). All is just hunky dory now :).

Oops, I spoke a little too soon. When I saw that I was able to successfully check my email messages, via thunderbird, I thought that I was in like Flint. I just now tried to send a message, and the earlier mentioned error message came up again. How do I defeat this, please?

Back
Top Bottom