Oh man where do I begin, for the advanced users,thanks.

ChampMark

Baseband Member
Oh man, this Tyan motherboard has been giving me problems for some time. I dont know how to pinpoint the problem. So maybe somebody else does.

Alright from the beginning, this is what the system use to be....
AMD Opteron 246 SledgeHammer 2.0GHz Socket 940
CORSAIR XMS 2GB (2 x 1GB) 184-Pin DDR SDRAM DDR 400 registered
Maxtor MaXLine III 7V250F0 250GB 7200 RPM SATA 3.0Gb/s Hard Drive x4 In a raid 0+1
TYAN S2895UA2NRF Dual Socket 940 NVIDIA nForce4 Professional SSI EEB 3.5 Server Motherboard
7900 GT XFX 256mb
660 Watt Enermax PSU (Sorry I can't remember all the Details on it, but it cost 240$ lol)

I've constantly been downgrading the system, it wont ever run correctly. For the first few months this thing has run like a charm. Perfect, no problems, it ran everything so smooth. Then...

I slowly started getting errors in my 0+1 Raid, it would degrade it, I don't know much about raid, so I'd just leave it alone, as I had no idea how to find out what the problem was, I'd go into the raid menu, but it didn't give me any details at all.

Then after so long, the raid setup would just stop working, so I would reformat, everything would run nice and smooth again. Then about a week or so after, the degrade problem would happen again.

I would just reformat again...

One day I just turned on my pc, and I kept on geting Blue screens of Death.
IRQL stuff, I've been reading about and apparently for the most part it's faulty drivers... But what would that hve to do with my raid? By nforce drivers or something. I've also read that the nforce set doesn't like the maxline III HDDs.

But none-the-less the system still worked.

I popped on the pc again, and all the sudden nothing worked.

I soon found out, a stick of ram went bad (not sure if the ram is bad, or if it's just the Fing board)

I had to yank a processor now because of this, my system is extremely sluggish in comparison to before.

I've aslo removed my Sata HDD's and am stuck using an OLD Scsi HDD.

I just got an IRQL message, usually a restart fixes this. I restart the machine and I'm getting Bio's errors. Like it can't initiate the Scsi controllers cause the option roms are out of space...

I really am getting sick of this. I have no idea where to begin, because I don't have any hardware to trial an error with.

I'm beyond without a doubt, believe it's the motherboard. But I've always been along the though, the first few months will tell if you have a bad piece of hardware, now since I can't tell what's wrng with is, I have no idea if I have bad Sata hdd's and what not.

All comments are very appreciated. If I missed something on Hardware etc, let me know.

Best thing i can suggest is to take things out one at a time and if it runs ok again ya found ya culprit. Cant think of anything else coz ya have got that much going on in there lol. Just use process of elimination

the message u get, is it IRQL etc etc or DRIVER IRQL, i had the irql error last week constantly, turned out id oc'd my ram too much, so, like the other ram u took out the new stuff cud be faulty or the boards memory slots..., worth also checking the bios and making sure its not set too aggresivly, if u also think it cud be the sata, might be worth buying a couple of new cables to see if thats the problem. Wish i cud be of more help, but looking from the outside in, its looks like it might be the board or cpu, ram,psu its hard to tell if everything seems to be going wrong at different times, its a shame u cant test it somewhere else. Are any of the parts still in warranty?

A bad psu can also be overlooked as the cause of a problem such as this. But like i said it cud be one thing or everything in ur pc.

I keep on getting problems with this file right here \windows\system32\config\system

after BSOD this file seems to always be corrupt...

Ahh man for all this money I put into this thing, you would think there would never be a prob like this....

I'm starting to get so sick of this, I just wanna play my freaking game rofl.

I'm really ready to ebay this thing, and sell it to somebody that has the parts to fix it. I just don't want to mess with it. I don't got the money to put into it.

I'd be happy if I could get maybe 1000-1500, considering I paid prob 3k.

Alright, I'm beyond sure, that I've eliminated the ram, processors, and HDDs. The only two things left are the HDD, and PSU.

Since I have no other way to really test them.

I've updated the bios on my board, it didn't like that one bit, it started locking everytime I went into the bios, finally got it to work enough so I change the bios to a previous version. Reverted back a few. Now it's working so far. I'm reformatingit, but it keeps on dieing in the middle of the formatting.

I switch out my ram and that seems to fix it.

I think I'll watch what I install on the drivers, may use the orig drivers that came with the board, instead of the updated ones. Since an IRQL is usually a sign of a misbehaving...

Well it just restarted on me. I'm offically done with this piece of junk.

Back
Top Bottom