On or off?

hockeyman4413

In Runtime
Hi guys,
i was wondering since i always shut my computer down when im not using, is it better to keep shutting down and turning the comp. on or would it be better to use hibernate or standby? ty in advance :)

I use hibernate because it shuts down the computer, but will bring it right back up when you turn the computer back on.

If you absolutely have to have your computer near instantly turn on, then hibernate the thing. Otherwise save your self a few bucks a year in electrical costs and shut the thing down. It doesn't hurt it at all.

If you absolutely have to have your computer near instantly turn on, then hibernate the thing. Otherwise save your self a few bucks a year in electrical costs and shut the thing down. It doesn't hurt it at all.

Hibernate takes no electricity because the computer completely shuts down. It saves the current "session" to hard disk and the computer turns off. You could unplug and move the computer and restart it and it would come right back up. Standby is on, but hibernate is off.

if your paying the electricity bill you will want to use standby or hibernation specially if its high end.

I typically just leave mine on. It's relatively mid-range, so i'm not worried about power.

if you going to leave your computer for 60 minutes or less, standby. if your going to leave your computer for 60 minutes or more, hibernate. if you going to leave your computer for 4 hours or more, shut down. thats what i do

Back
Top Bottom