Odd Samsung T260 Monitor Problem

Dannodotcom

Beta member
I just bought a new Samsung SyncMaster T260 25.5" widescreen monitor and it has a strange undesirable feature. I don't think it is a defect, but it could be. What happens is when I first connected the computer to the monitor and then turned on the monitor, it would not recognize the DVI signal, it was a complete black screen, and yes I did have the monitor set to the DVI input. After trying different things I finally got it to display the windows screen and set it all up with the correct resolution etc. THEN, I accidentally turned off the monitor (it has a touch sensitive switch and I was wiping off the dust) and then immediately turned it back on, and it again would NOT recognize a signal from the computer. The workaround I finally set up, was to tell the computer to power down the monitor after 5 minutes, then when I reactivate the computer by moving the mouse, the monitor will turn back on ok. It seems that the monitor needs a TURN ON signal from the computer in order to actually turn on and display a picture. If I shut off the monitor right now, I will have to wait for 5 mins and the computer will send an off signal to the monitor, then I turn on the monitor and then move the mouse and the monitor will come alive. My previous monitor was also a Samsung and did not have this problem. Has anybody else had this problem with this or any other monitor? And if so, what did you do about it?

Back
Top Bottom