OCing my RAM and CPU?.!

_-..zKiLLA..-_

Fully Optimized
well i really wanna squeeze some extra performance out of my system. and by OCing my RAM i can acheive that. right?
but i dont know how. so if u guys can help me. :p, thanks

OH yeah a while back i made a thread on helping me OC my CPU. and well i kinda got the hang of it. and well i started getting BSOD's at about 3.2GHz (default of 2.8) and well i imediatley thought it was my Vid card. cuz when it was in my old computer i would get BSOD's too. so i was like w/e. and well about 10 minutes ago. i was googling about overclocking 5600+ and well
http://www.firingsquad.com/hardware/amd_athlon_64_x2_5600/
if u look under Overclocking you'll see that when they got about 3.2 they would start experiencing errors and BSOD's and well i was like. oh ok maybe it was my CPU. and the highest they got was about 3.0, so that kinda solves my problem but im dissapointed cuz thats not very high.
but im sure i can acheive higher than that. soon cuz im pretty sure my mobo is much better than what they were using.

sry for the vigerous reading.. lol

You just need to monitor your temperatures. CPU temp is obviously the most important. Install the Asus monitoring software, and check out your motherboard temps. Let us know what those are.

P.S. - As you OC your CPU, you OC the RAM. Both are linked to the FSB.

well in BIOS the FSB is the "CPU Frequency" Everest just told me that. and i have that at 225. Hows this? for stock cooling? and u can see my idle on the top.

untitled-11.jpg

~~BETTER PICTURE UPLOADED~~

those temps may be somewhat high, 39 idle isent the greatest but like freestyler said run a test and watch your cpu temps closly as you do it, stop if they get over 60 and post the results =D

Back
Top Bottom