OC'in a 3700+ 939?

LiveWire

Baseband Member
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813186115
I just got the above board, it's got some built in oc'ing features.
I've got an aftermarket Zalman HS/F, and the stock 3700+.
It's a socket 939 processor, San Diego core, and i've been researching, people getting pretty high stable clock speeds on these bad boys with stock cooling. I wonder what it can get to with aftermarket cooling?
I just need to make myself a backplate for the mobo and i'm all set ;)

Anyway; any other people using a 3700+ and could give me some insight?

That was extremely helpful.

When you buy a new cooler, it will come with a new backplate if it requires the motherboard to be removed for installation.

Basically just raise the FSB in increments until you start running into freezing/restarts/BSOD's and such, then raise voltages in small increments. The ones you will most likely need to raise are CPU Vcore, northbridge Vcore, southbridge vcore (which may not have to at all, little if any), FSB voltage, and memory voltage.

Turn the HTT multiplier down one or two (Haven't used my 939 system in a while, so not sure of the number), loosen timings if necessary (3-3-3-8 or maybe more, 939 systems benefit from tighter timings though), and make sure the RAM:FSB ratio is 1:1.

And finally, keep an eye on temperatures, try to keep it under 60C at most.

Well, the CPU Cooler I am talking about is a joint cooler (775/939/AM2/462/A/754) But I lost most of the parts. It looks like the mobo comes with a back-plate so no probs there.

Back
Top Bottom