nVidia GeForce 6800 Ultra or Ati X800

BSOD1

Baseband Member
Which is better, i pick the 6800. And when its price falls 200 dollars, thats the one i'm getting. Beat the x800 in all DOOM 3 benchmarks, so that's what i will gauge it by

Overall the ATI Graphics cards are better don't be fooled by Doom 3 the only reason the 6800 is better is because the games graphics engine was built to work with the NVidia cards.

The 6800 is the better card at this time. As soon as the 850's come out next month, then the x850 XT PE will be the best card.

The 6800's have more features and are usually faster in most real world tests.

Morpheus said:
Overall the ATI Graphics cards are better don't be fooled by Doom 3 the only reason the 6800 is better is because the games graphics engine was built to work with the NVidia cards.

Fine, get me the benchmarks for half life 2 and lets see who wins. Oh and the 6800 is cheaper

But i looked recently at overclockers and it was the other way around unless I am mistaken.

well, to tell you guys the truth.

The ATI x800 Xt outperforms the 6800 ultra. By a tad little amount. But yes, it outperforms the 6800 ultra. How do I know?? I saw both cards actually working in real life.

Rich Friend: Hey, you wanna go check out my two new video cards??

Me: wat are they??

Rich Friend: I got one 6800 ultra and 1 x800 XT.

Me: oh shit. Let's go check em out rite now.

After benchmarks and games.

Rich Friend and Me: ATI has slightly better image quality. FPS is almost the same, with ATI winning sometime, Nvidia winning sometime. AA and AF both work better on ATI.

ENd result:

ATI Wins. albeit a small amount.

Real World Result:

It doesn't matter. You wont' notice the difference.

Back
Top Bottom