nvidia 980a board

Dieter

Baseband Member
How are yall feeling about the nForce 980a SLI motherboard? I'm looking to upgrade using an AMD Processor and Nvidia Graphics card

do you mean 780a?

it is a good board that supports AMD and SLI

EDIT: Either or My theory still stands ^

I might eventually start using the slots, i know i was two card SLI at min. I just was wondering if it's overkill to get the 980a, instead of the 780a. which ever i get, ill be getting under ASUS using either the 980a or 780a chiposet

ROTFL

Strong renaming. It's a 780a, with DDR3 slots. No, the chipset has not changed, the memory controller is located in the CPU in AMD platforms.

drunk-irish-048.gif

EDIT: As far as I can tell, it doesn't even have DDR3 slots. So they're calling it an AM3 board, this doesn't make any sense. It's hilarious.

thanks for all the information guys I think I'm going to go with a 780a chip set board.

thanks for all the information guys I think I'm going to go with a 780a chip set board.

Good choice. :D The 980a is useless IMHO. Save your money. Although, for the ratings, 980a is a mighty tempting offer for the money.

EDIT: As far as I can tell, it doesn't even have DDR3 slots. So they're calling it an AM3 board, this doesn't make any sense. It's hilarious.

Just because it has AM3 support doesn't mean it has to support DDR3. See GIGABYTE 790X (DDR2) or ASUS 790GX (DDR3)

Back
Top Bottom