NVIDIA 6800 GS Gets pretty ~HOT~Is 65 C bad?

well did u see any artifacts? if not then its fine but if you're really that worried just get a new cooler for it

That's actually normal for a stock cooler, if you are using one. Most stock coolers keep the heat at about 55c-65c when under load. Is it dangerous? No. GPU's can withstand way more heat than a CPU can, so it shouldn't be anything to fret about. If you're a uber anti-heat freak though, buy a Zalman VF700-Cu and you should be fine.

theyre basically little green dots on the screen while u play a game and its a common sign that its over heating

Not always green dots. There's many forms of artifacts...hard to explain though.

Artifacts are like these flashing green shapes that appear on the screen momentarily. I experienced them before with my 6600GT when OC'ed too high. Not good. I didn't really see any dots. I saw wierd triangle, trapezoid shapes of all kinds rendered across the screen flashing as they appear. The fix is to just turn the clock down or set it back to default settings. That will usually get rid of it.

Yeah, that happened when I overclocked my 6800 NU a bit too high. Just clocking it back to default speeds should get rid of them.

When i played rise of nations....a while back...40minz in the screeen would goo all weird and colors go pink green ect.....that was a sign of overheating right....doesnt happen to any other games ...but it was the summer so its hot...Was that overheating or something elsse..?

Back
Top Bottom