Notebook help

desdichato

Baseband Member
G'Day Guys,

I have a Alienware M11x (or something similar) and unfortunately the plastic surrounding the hinges has broken making the ability to fold the thing up impossible (the screen is still attached by a few small wires and still works) and basically means I need another pair of hands if I were to use it as a notebook on my lap.

Anyway it appears to have a hdmi port in the side of it and I was curious if I were to get a monitor and connect it via this cable and disconnect the original monitor could I still get sound and pictures through the new monitor??????

TIA

Well, you don't have to disconnect your current monitor, but you can connect another monitor via the HDMI and use that. The monitor must have speakers, otherwise audio won't go through. If you have any other questions lmk.

Well, you don't have to disconnect your current monitor, but you can connect another monitor via the HDMI and use that. The monitor must have speakers, otherwise audio won't go through. If you have any other questions lmk.

Not entirely accurate. The screen can either have speakers or not, it won't matter. The laptop can be made to output the sound to the original speakers via the audio control panel, I've done it many times myself.

But if you get a nicer monitor with good speakers that sound better than the laptop's, by all means, use those instead. :)

Back
Top Bottom