Is this notebook as good as it seems?

Great Descent

Solid State Member
Notebook help

Someone linked me this notebook at Best Buy.com earlier, and the stats seem solid for the price tag. I'm really not too up to date on notebooks, though, and I'm not sure if I'm missing something. Should I be concerned with the brand or the processor? I've been considering buying a desktop, but I may end up with this if it turns out decent.

This is the notebook: http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage...700050043&type=product&tab=2&id=1157067806537

Cool thanks. Another question: The Radeon Express is described as up to 128M of shared memory. What does that really mean? Is this an integrated card? Thanks again.

Yeah, it's integrated, so it shares memory (up to 128 MB out of the 2 GB) with the rest of the system.

Most laptops are like that including mine (integrated video). It sucks performance wise, but will get things done regardless. Not a gamers notebook though. The hard drive is slow and Turion laptops does not appeal to me anymore. If you can, check out some of the Core Duo or Core 2 Duo laptops.

Back
Top Bottom