Mental Liberator

Fully Optimized
I have a computer specs are
GeForce XFX 5700 LE
3.0 Ghz 512 mb cache
Old gateway monitor
Data A 512 ram
Asus mobo

The problem is that when i keep it on for a long time the monistor starts to flicker. Then after I keep that on for a while it just restarts. Now I used everest to check the temperatures and they all seem fine. What do you guys think my problem is? Thanks.

Hmmmm. Maybe the monitor is bad. Or it could be Malware. Does it happen at random intervals or like it is on a set time.

try getting a new monitor, or borrowing a friends you know works, and see if it still happens. BTW are you overclocking your gfx card ( i couldnt imagine a 5700le would go very high:p) because if you are, that could be the problem also

use to have that same problem. my monitor wouldn't flicker (maybe it did when I wasn't looking, that sly fox!), but I did have my comptuer turning off when I didn't want it to. I didn't have any timers set to tell it to turn off after a certain time or anything. For me this fixed the problem:

1. Check your power supply, I unplugged all the cords and replugged them back in. The random restarting was still happening, but not as often.

2. I ran adaware and spydoctor and it picked up a ridicolous amount of spyware, and then I removed it. Next I ran Norton 3 times (because half the time it misses viruses, or so it seems).

3. Make sure your computer isn't overheating. Run everest every once and a while. Could of just been a cool spot or something when you ran it. Run it a couple more times to make sure it's not overheating.

----------

That fixed the problem for me, good luck.

Yeah the refresh rates could be too high for your monitor to handle, I mean I doubt it, but it never hurts to check.

alvino said:
Could be driver problems too.

hmph some1 always sais it b4 me

yeah i was thinking gphx card drivers or refresh rate
i doubt it would be over heating but i dont know much about that area it just dosnt seem like it would do that my monitor sometimes stays on 4 more than 24 hrs and nothing like that happens.

I rekon the monitors just dodgy or just phone signals deciding to screw around with it

Back
Top Bottom