Not able to format

unrealrok

Beta member
Hi, i'm working on my friends computer...he has a virus, it won't let him search for files or reformat the hdd from within windows. Now, i would normally just load up a boot disk and run fdisk and format it that way, but the prob is that he doesn't have a floppy drive...and the boot disk won't read correctly off a cd or removable media...oh and its a crappy version of xp, and that won't boot either. any suggestions??

unrealrok said:
Hi, i'm working on my friends computer...he has a virus, it won't let him search for files or reformat the hdd from within windows. Now, i would normally just load up a boot disk and run fdisk and format it that way, but the prob is that he doesn't have a floppy drive...and the boot disk won't read correctly off a cd or removable media...oh and its a crappy version of xp, and that won't boot either. any suggestions??
If his case has a floppy slot than they don't cost much more than a disk.
If not "is it a Mac ?
This is your only sollution if it's not an XP problem.

more than likely the floppy is gonna be connected via usb, in which case it won't work the same anyway, being as dos doesn't do usb...i'm sure there must be some other way around it

Try cleaning the cd thats the problem i had a quick wipe did the trick, if u wanna get a floppy drive they are very cheap about as low as £5/$9 if that dosent work get another xp disk :D

Back
Top Bottom