Norton Antivirus 2005 problems (system scan)

d_source

Daemon Poster
I have been trying to do a full system scan with Norton but there is some file on my OS drive that prevents it from finishing the scan. Anyone have this trouble? I had the same problem a few weeks ago which it drove me mad to the point where i reinstalled Norton Internet security to death, killed my OS, reformatted and just reinstalled everything from scratch. Then i did a scan and everything worked fine, now its happening again. G0d i hate norton, i really really do.

just out of interest are you the Admin on your computer? don't get Mcafee anti-virus it is rubbish, you have the no. 1 on your computer at the minute.

thts true and scrapsy you got to no this
it will do a scan and make everything clear and then if its found any proplems u click fix then it does then you try norton scan and i bet it does it, i have a proplem like this and did what i just wrote out.

technoman said:
just out of interest are you the Admin on your computer? don't get Mcafee anti-virus it is rubbish, you have the no. 1 on your computer at the minute.
Yah, i'm admin ,i use Norton Antivirus. I only have Mcafee fire wall, i don't even want the antivirus.

& to cobra: okay then, i have to try doin' a spyware scan & then a norton one! i use spysweeper right now, for some reason spy-sweeper stuffed up my computer ^^;

i am not sure its spyware that is the problem here, do u know what file it can not scan, by be damaged

if u go into norton settings and make sure that you DONT scan compressed files, then everything works fine. This is located in 2 areas: main page and under manual search. This is the norton temp solution, but it works. Whenever i get a new file i mauanlly search it with norton. Like that all my compressd files have already been scanned and there are no worries.

Back
Top Bottom