norton antivirus 2004 subscription!

jim1

BSOD
i have norton antivirus 2004 and its great but my subscription runs out in 29 days and have to pay £30 to renew my subscription!
Does anyone know any other anti-virus programs that are as good as norton but free?
ive heard of AVG but been told its **** and cant stop some viruses.

reformat your computer and reinstall norton, it works for me....lol
I've heard just the opposite about avg, it's very good and works great and the best part is it's free.

eeeek.. don't use norton, takes over your system and saturates system performance, installs tons of hidden stuff and it's just crap.

Download AVG all in one (anti-virus/firewall etc.) instead, it's cheap and doesn't install crap along with it.

I use AVG and I honostly think that AVG is the best Anti-Virus out there. You can either get the free version or the paid for. Either one will work beautifully.
But a good thing to have is not just one anti-virus but a second. The reason for this is because not all anti-viruses can pick up every single virus. By having multiple anti-virus programs you have a better chance for your computer to be virus free.
I use both AVG anti-virus (Free Version), and Symantec Client Security Anti-Virus. Those two work good together... I have not had a problem with any of my computers yet with these two programs.

ive just got the idea that becouse avg antivirus is free that it wont work as good as norton antivirus 2004 but i might be wrong.
is there any other antiviruses out there?
Ive heard of a program called BLACK ICE is that a antivirus or firewall? and is it free?
whare do i download these from?
THANKS EVERYONE

I am not that familiar with Black Ice, but I have been using AVG for 3 years now, and I love it... The free version is just one version behind the paid for. So basically AVG Free is just a little old on the program, but is still up to date on the virus definitions. If you want to download AVG free, the link is http://free.grisoft.com/doc/Get+AVG+FREE/lng/us/tpl/v5. Check that out and see if you like it or not, I will not have a computer with out it.

Tommy Boy said:
reformat your computer and reinstall norton, it works for me....lol
I've heard just the opposite about avg, it's very good and works great and the best part is it's free.

lol, i don't bother renewing

I have been using AVG for some time now and would recommend it to anyone that asks. I was running norton a while back, and the first time i installed AVG, it found a bunch of crap that norton never noticed. Norton, when run right before that, said my system was clean. Then, AVG tells me i have a bunch of virus's and trojans.

Try AVG, if you dont like it, you can always uninstall it

Back
Top Bottom