noooooooob...want to overclock...i guess.

drumthrasher

Fully Optimized
i'm kinda new to this cause i finally got a new computer after 6 years of crap with a little emachines etower 566i2 with only a 566mhz cpu & 256 mb of ram. anyway, i looked at overclocking and it can make it faster by quite a bit. i just bought a gateway with an amd athlon 64 3700+, and 1024 mb of ram. how can i safely overclock? (i don't really know what i'm talking about too much)

you probably cant overclock it if you bought it from gateway. Im pretty sure all the BIOS features are locked.

Yeah, pretty much all pre-built manufacturers lock the BIOS preventing you from overclocking your computer. Why? Because overclocking voids your CPU's warranty.

Yeah, if you dig hard enough you will be able to find an alternate BIOS for your machine, which will allow you to overclock.

Do OC a Gateway, you have to "flash" your bios, but too me its not worth it. A 3700 is nice just leave it alone, you wont even notice a difference untill you go over 400mhz, and im sure once you get up to there. The stock heatsink gateway gave you wont do the job. Your processor will prooly overheat so just leave it alone.

Back
Top Bottom