Nooooo, my monitor is water damaged

emperor76

In Runtime
Hi all, having a bit of a mare, today, I managed to knock over half a pint of water in the direction of my monitor, it went all over, I rushed to turn it off and unplug any power cables as quickly as I could and proceeded to mop up any water from the screen as quickly as possible, but alas, it was too late, I've had the monitor apart twice trying to get all the excess water out, I have managed to get rid of what looked like a puddle of water in the bottom right corner, but I'm still left with a streak going all the way down the left side of the monitor, is there anything that can be done about this or am I basically up a certain brown coloured creek devoid of paddles, thanks

Attachments

• 13726735_10209474159868915_9135877841568333364_n.jpg
    13726735_10209474159868915_9135877841568333364_n.jpg
    16.1 KB · Views: 9
Eventually, the water will evaporate out, but it may leave deposits behind.

Thanks for the reply, gutted, I'm usually so careful near my computer, There were three sheets of some sort, not sure what they were, this is the first time I've attempted to take a monitor apart, I left the bottom bit alone as it looked like it would be difficult to get back on, took the sheets out and tried to dry them, I have a feeling that was a stupid idea, should have just left the monitor ajar and left the air to do the job which I ended up doing the second time around

Is it possible that that line of water is between the LED and LCD panel?
I haven't disassembled a monitor before, so i don't know if that's even possible or possible to fix without damaging the monitor further.

You should have equipped it with a water resistant armor.

Err... is your weather dry? If so, put it under the sun for a day or so after kicking all excessive water out, until all the rest dries out. Then start it again and try your luck. This trick saved and my fossil MSX computer in the past.

Back
Top Bottom