Noob

Juice1

Fully Optimized
Yo I just plugged in my new 250gb to test it out, and it's not working. I'm pretty sure it's because I dunno how to work raid/slave drives. I had my regular 160gb drive in sata1, turned off comp, plugged 250gb into sata2, boot up, and the drive doesnt show in mycomputer list. Help please?

You shouldn't really have to fool with the jumpers on these. Have you read the manual? Your motherboard may only support a 1.5GBPS connection so in that case you will need to make sure your jumper is set right. That's all I can think of right now.

Ah. Didn't come with a manual, got it from chrisdafrizz and it was opened but still new. Not sure how that works but who cares.

The HDD back thing has no jumpers on it either... But I can just pull one off an old Mobo... Do I set it to slave?

I thought SATA drives were all CS. I would leave it in CS, and check in the BIOS to make sure it's there. Also, check your mobo manual or specs to make sure it supports 3.0 GB/s and not just 1.5.

Yeah actually I just read the top of the drive. Says that it's not required.

Went into bios. It says Seagate (the 160GB) and WDC (the 250GB is westerndigital cabiar) and a bunch of numbers.

I'll read the manual when I find it.

The mobo is a MSI K9N Diamond AM2

Edit: It say each port supports 300MB/s and theres 6 ports. That's all I can find.

Huh, that's weird. Did it come with an install disc or anything? Add new hardware wizard? Just thinking here.

Add new hardware wiz popped up and said westerndigital hard disk, then said your new hardware is installed.

Back
Top Bottom