no power

tubg

Beta member
:confused:
hi! i bought a book for dummies on building a pc it said it was simple so i said what the heck. i found out not so simple. the stuff i got follows.
thermaltake v7000 case with 480 watt ps,asrock p4s55fx mb, 512 mb ram pc2700 ddr(atlas precision), 2.6 ghz pentium 4 cpu 800 fsb, 1.44 mb sony floppiempf 920, 80 gb western digital hard drive 7200 rpm 8 mb wd800 jb 0/0
when i hooked up my ps and mother board and vidio card also connecting power to hard drive per thermaltakes instructions the first
couple of times the fans all came on and lights lit up. then after that nothing.
is there any way to check the power supply when its disconected from the mother board. or even if it is connected.
thermaltake seems to be a good quality unit but the tech support is non existant. help

Please do not blame it on the case!; The case is not faulty or having a problem. If the fans go, PSU is fine. Also, you have to remember. Jumpers correct? Hard drive master? CD on seperate cable and master? Bios recognised the devices? Floppy installed correctly? Do you have to change jumpers on the motherboard? many more terms. I'd suggest forgetting the dummie book and taking it to a knowledgable person!

Back
Top Bottom