No Battery is detected | Windows 7 Problem

arsenalbates

Daemon Poster
Hi all, I have just installed Windows 7 on a Hp mini 700 net book and everything seemed good, all drivers are installed and everything seems fine until about 2 - 3 days after when the battery symbol changed to a battery with a cross on it. "Battery is not detected" however it does run from the battery fine. All that's wrong is the information.

Tried :
un installing the battery driver in device manager
powering off, holding power button and then restarting.
looking for latest drivers (they are not available as its only supported with XP)

The strange thing is that it sometimes works and sometimes dont. After doing the above it normally starts to work again however it can go again after some usage.

Any ideas apart from installing XP. Oh and I have tried two different batteries and moved the hard drive into an identical netbook and the same problem persists. It is obviously a software/driver issue.

If it's not hindering your ablility to use your system you can just use it that way. I don't know what all the battery management on your system might do... For example, does the software stop the charger from charging the battery when the charge is full? If this is done by the driver/software you'd want to be careful not to overcharge your battery.

You see this sort of things with parts/drivers from computer manufacturers. Your system is built to run a specific operating system and computer manufacturers can be slow to release drivers for new OSs, if they do at all. I'm surprised that's the only thing that's not working if your netbook is designed for XP.

If they ignored Vista I wouldn't get my hopes up that they'll be releasing drivers for 7.

OK mate thanks for the reply, just thought there may have been something obvious that I may have missed which would have enabled me to overcome the problem.

Its not causing too much of a problem due to the face that it still works on battery but just does not display information. However apart from the charger light on the front of the netbook I cant be 100% sure that the netbook is being charged while the power plug is in.

Back
Top Bottom