New Wireless Card

TibsBeatAll

Daemon Poster
Well, i just got comcast cable on my 1st floor. But i have my own room in the 3rd floor with a computer. And I don't think i can successfully take a wire all the way up there, i believe i have to go wireless. Anybody recommend any wirelesss cards,adapters, watever that would work well. That works well enough even up to the 3rd floor of my house.

any other suggestions to how i would go about this would be fine too. Thank you.

a repeater (wired or wireless) is a device that "repeats", amplifies, and extends the range of your network media such as ethernet or wireless. For example, the maximum cable length of an ethernet cable is 100 meters. If I put a repeater on one end of the cable, I can add another ethernet cable to extend the cable length to more than 100 meters. Think of it as an extension cord.

Here's what I mean:
Get a wireless router, a wireless repeater, and a wireless PCI (or USB) adapter card for the computer upstairs. On the first floor, connect the modem and the computer to the wireless router. On the second floor, place a wireless repeater in an open space like near the stairwell. On the 3rd floor comp., install the wireless adapter card (if it doesnt have wireless). The wireless repeater on the second floor amplifies or boosts the signal so that it can reach the third floor

Back
Top Bottom