New Video Card Help

I clicked the battery and I didn't see anything that said Switchable Graphics. I just saw the regular stuff where I can change my power plan and stuff. Unless the switchable graphics is what Power4Gear Entertainment and Power Saver mean?

Install the newest drivers for what? Is there a way to just tell it do install them for everything or do I have to go through by hand one by one?

Try the nVIDIA optimus driver first. Optimus Technology

I clicked the battery and I didn't see anything that said Switchable Graphics. I just saw the regular stuff where I can change my power plan and stuff. Unless the switchable graphics is what Power4Gear Entertainment and Power Saver mean?

Try putting it on entertainment mode. I doubt that's it, but it's worth a try.

I tried the entertainment mode, I was on Power Saver. It doesn't seem to have made a difference except made my screen brighter.

Are we sure that I have 2 cards and I just need to find out how to switch to the other one?

According to its specs, it has two cards. The 310M should be able to get you more than 10 fps, so I think it's safe to say that's the issue.

Run dxdiag if you want to verify that's what's going on.

It looks like it's the intel one to my eyes, but I might be reading something wrong. On the dxdiag screens I see nothing about Nvidia but I do see Intel HD stuff.

I've been installing drivers for all the things on my device manager screen. I didn't know that was a link, just clicked on it and am installing the 64 bit version.

Is there more than 1 driver that I need from that link?

I've been installing drivers for all the things on my device manager screen. I didn't know that was a link, just clicked on it and am installing the 64 bit version.

Is there more than 1 driver that I need from that link?

No, just the one.

Did you have missing drivers, or were you just updating?

I was just updating I believe, but I'm not sure.

It said it couldn't locate any drivers that were compatible when I had that one you linked DLing. I saved it to the computer then ran it and it said that.

Back
Top Bottom