New Video Card

Vyst

Solid State Member
I currently use 2 Geforce 6600GT's in SLI, and I'm looking to upgrade. I will probably try to ebay the 6600GT's so I'll probably get 200 or so for that. My question is, what would be a good step up for me? I don't think I am gonna stick with SLI, because quite frankly it's not all worth it (i've played BF2, Quake4, AoEIII, and WoW) Granted it's better than 1 card, but I think I could do better with an improved card, and only having one of them.

I want to stick with nVidia if at all possible.

The 2x6600GT is not bad. I would stay with what you have unless you really want more power and have the mone to get a 7800GT or a 7800GTX.

Get the nvidia 9500GTX when it comes out in two years =) or the ati X3200XT that they put out to compete with the 9500GTX. But seriously, how much would you like to spend?

haha 9500GTX!!! That's funny.

Seriously if you want a powerhouse card, get the 7800GTX 512, or the new X1900XTX. It don't get any better then that.

Well, i'm not looking for a huge powerhouse. It's more of a "thinking for the future" thing. Like if I get a better card that would last me by itself for lets say until Xmas, then I could probably get the same card (and cheaper) and SLI it. But if yall think it's worth it to stick with the 6600GT's, then I will.

i say stick wit wat u got... or if u really wanna sell ur current stuff, lemme kno. im planning to build soon =)

the 6600gts should last u until christmas, they get a higher benchmark on 3dmark05 than my card and my card handles everything pretty well right now so yours should be fine then at xmas get a 7800gtx 512mb and u can always overclock them a little bit

Back
Top Bottom