new video card

joedrinks1981

Solid State Member
Hey guys, im new to this board and i have recently been getting into computers more. This question may be dumb but here goes:
I just bought a Radeon 9250 video card and tonight i tried to install it. The directions told me to plug my monitor cable into the new card after i installed it, and then restart my computer. I did and at that point there was no picture on my monitor so i plugged it back into its original slot. After doing this, at no point did my computer say "found new hardware". Before leaving for work, i decided to run the software and since then i had to leave for work. Is it normal for this not to find new hardware or am i doing something completly wrong? If you guys wouldnt mind, i could use some step by step instructions. Thanks in advance.
Stay well,
Joe

Well, First, what is the original Port you pluged the Monitor Into, You have two, Also My old PC used to Do that All the Time, Go and Take the Graphics card Out and Wipe it off NO WATER just a rag, Then Incert it again. If that deos not work Respond.

Thanks for the advice. Im at work right now, but i will try it in the morning. Any other advice would be apreciated.
Stay well,
Joe

Are you using a motherboard that has integrated graphics? If so, go to the BIOS and disable it.

Thanks for getting back to me. I know im dumb, but here are 2 new questions: How would i know if i had integrated graphics; and how do i go into bios and disable it? Is there a more simple way to do it? Thanks alot. Step by step instructions would be helpful.
Stay well,
Joe

Everybody's BIOS is different.

get a friend to install it for you.

You don't want to meddle with the BIOS. it doesn't seem like you know a lot about the BIOS, so i suggest you see a friend work it first, and den you learn from him. And so forth and so forth.

cause BIOS is a dangerous thing.
lol. i would know. blew my goddamn amd xp.

Back
Top Bottom