New Power Supply System upgrade?

EternalStar

Solid State Member
Um...do I need to upgrade my UPS? That may be why my computer keeps freezing up when I play Roller Coaster 3. We've had this computer for about 5 years can't exactly remember. The game was working perfectly on the current computer we have which is the main machine but then Dennis, a really smart computer expert uninstalled it which really angered me. So do I have to upgrade my UPS or everything on my computer? My computer hasn't been upgraded in a long time. I already tried cleaning the dust, I did find several dust clots within my machine but that did nothing. The game is currently running on my computer which is currently a piece of junk but once I have internet connection then I will see what I can do. But what can I do for now to make my games run better without freezing?

I know this may look like an article but trust me, I type a lot when asking questions.

The first thing you could do is plug the computer into the wall or a surge protector and see if the freezing happens. If not, do spyware/virus scans, defrag your hard drive, and download a program called Ccleaner and run that.

I don't have Ccleaner or internet. However I can defragment the pc or I'll just reformat the computer and see what happens. Oh, and its already plugged into a surge protector and I know thats not the problem. One time my Windows checked the game for consistancy and I don't know if that helped either. Maybe I'll delete or uninstall the other games and programs I have on it and if it still freezes after that I'll just reformat the useless thing. I tried defragmenting it once but it just keeps freezing up and it never completed the defragmenting process. I'll post back here if it works! Thanks!

First of all - a UPS is an uninterruptable power supply. You're talking about a PSU - power supply unit. A UPS is an external box that basically keeps powering your computer if it loses power due to a power outage, etc. A PSU is the thing inside your computer that plugs into the wall and powers all the components.

Run this for starters, it'll tell you the general state of your computer and what you can to to fix it:
http://www.pcpitstop.com/

Whatever its called. I'll just try some of the things you referred me to try. My pc is just really crappy right now but some day it will be even better then the main computer which is the downstairs, the one I'm using now.

Back
Top Bottom