New PC

From what I've heard, you'll get higher performance from your RAM, assuming that you actually use this computer to its highest ability, if you split the RAM amongst more modules, because each module has a capacity of bandwidth. So the more modules you have, the less bandwidth of each module is used, preventing bottlenecking in the memory modules themselves.

I just read somewhere, that the more RAM sticks you have the greater the chance of system instability.

I just read somewhere, that the more RAM sticks you have the greater the chance of system instability.

Thats true also in the windows world running more then two sticks of ram (Dual channel) has a small performance hit. Im just not sure about how it works on OSX, OSX is Unix based and im lost when it comes to Unix

** Opening a Mac pro does not void the warranty but if you damage something while its open it does, opening a Macbook does void the warranty though**

** Opening a Mac pro does not void the warranty but if you damage something while its open it does, opening a Macbook does void the warranty though**

No it doesn't.

With the Macbook, the user has the right to replace both the RAM and the hard drive without voiding the warranty. It's the same with the Macbook Pro, minus the latter.

Well a MAC is a PC (PC stands for Personal Computer)
No it's not. They do not work in the same way. A MAC has no BIOS and needs different hardware to PCs. For example, your 8800GT will not work in a PC.

No it's not. They do not work in the same way. A MAC has no BIOS and needs different hardware to PCs. For example, your 8800GT will not work in a PC.

I know this but PC in general stands for personal computer. not "Computer running windows".
"personal computer
n. Abbr. PC
A computer built around a microprocessor for use by an individual, as in an office or at home or school."

I believe this fits the definition of a MAC, nothing about BIOS or Open Firmware :p

Clearing things up.

I've never looked inside a Mac. Everything integrated?

Here you go:

Back
Top Bottom