New (old) Rig

OhSnapWord

Fully Optimized
So, I was going through my work area and found that I have a ton of spare parts laying around. Naturally, I decided to build myself a rig out of them. Here is a quick rundown of the specs:

Pentium D 805 2.66GHz Dual Core
4GB DDR2 800
500GB Samsung
Cheapo junk Diablotek Case w/ PSU
Cheapo Junk LGA 775 Motherboard based on the G41 chipset.

What kinds of rigs have you guys built from spare parts?

I'm getting to the point where I'll have enough to build a frankenrig. Gimme a year or so.

The cool thing about using old cases is you can hack them up to get better air flow. I used to buy old junk cases and do experimenting to see how cold I could get the cpu with just air. Tin snips, nibbing tool, and a jig saw.

Throw in Lubuntu (lite Ubuntu) and case-mod it with a side panel window.
Then Spray paint both inside and outside and then put in some neon lights. then you are all set ^^

I have never made a system of spare parts. but when i change the parts in my current rig, i will use those for a second PC.
mainly for a playground for OS'es and overclocking. also it's cool to have 2 PC's inside high end cases. (i am gonna buy the NZXT Phantom and i currently have a Haf 932) people are like "phhh... what a nerd" :D

Its begs the question how many pc spares have you got .

I had to put mine in the attic in some old drawers still got ide cables and 20gb hard drives :eek:

On my shelf, I have a Pentium D, a ton of DDR2, some DDR3, a few 2.5" drives, two 3.5" drives and some fans.

Back
Top Bottom