New OC

Jason8284

Daemon Poster
Well so far so good with the TuniqTower. got my E8400 at 3.83Ghz.

Got my FSB at 1750, and set my ram to 850MHz (Got a nice cooler for my ram, so I'm safe)

My Vcore is set at 1.31v

Running Prime95 now, 1 hr into it so far so good :)

Max temp is 45c at 100% load, i can deal with that

My E8400s will be here very soon. Probably tomorrow. Too bad I don't have a board to run them in ATM.

What's your VID and your batch number?

Well to get it to 4.00ghz I'll have to oc my ram to 900MHz, think that will be okay? I have a corsair ddr fan cooler on the 4gigs of ram

If you have 4x1GB you might need to up the NB voltage slightly as it's going to be more strain especailly with the high FSB. But Corsair XMS2 should do 900MHz no probs. Just relax the timings slightly if it becomes unstable.

yeah it became unstable at 4.05Ghz with the fsb at 1800 and ram at 900MHz (My ram voltage is at 1.9v which is the max recommend) , o well, the 3.83GHz is stable, I'll just use that for a while. I don't think I'll need anymore than that for a while to come lol. ty all

jason u should go get some DDR2 1066MHz RAM to keep up with ur OC

I would love to, but my mobo only supports up to 800MHz :(

(My ram voltage is at 1.9v which is the max recommend)

The SPD profile of Corsair XMS2 is 2.1V. 900MHz with only 1.9V is awesome. And with your coolers you should safely be able to overvolt it up to ~2.25V.

I get a memory dump tryna get to 4.05GHz. I've tried upping the volts on the ram, but I still get the memory dump blue screen. Should I try different memor timings? If so, what should I change it to? right now I have it at 5-5-5-12

Back
Top Bottom