New Motherboard

Don't get an AMD. I'm sorry. Are you familiar with the Phenom II x6 1100T? It is currently out performed by the Core i3-3250. They're the same price, i3 performs better

Sorry youngIT I'm sticking with AMD.

The price difference doesn't equate to the performance difference. And I saw somewhere there is a lawsuit with some benchmark company about sticking extra code in to deliberately slow down AMD.

I also have noticed that Amd, in recent years, has lost some of its popularity compared to Intel. I have no personal preference over the two companies and both seemed very stable companies.

Last edited:
Sorry youngIT I'm sticking with AMD.

The price difference doesn't equate to the performance difference. And I saw somewhere there is a lawsuit with some benchmark company about sticking extra code in to deliberately slow down AMD.

Actually for the price for a product you pay for, you get back in performance. A $120 AMD Hexa core performs lesser than that of a $120 dual core intel. Intel is the way to go. Go to CPU boss and do some comparisons, the 3570K beats all AMD octa cores. Sticking with AMD is gonna lose you performance and money

I'm not starting an Intel AMD debate. I have had Intel before and not been that impressed.

Now back to what graphics card people would recommend for gaming please.

Mossiac

I'm not starting an Intel AMD debate. I have had Intel before and not been that impressed.

Now back to what graphics card people would recommend for gaming please.

Mossiac

What games are you going to be playing. I wouldn't get anything less that a 660 TI superclocked for Crysis 3 or equivalent

Things like Sims 3 and Dawn of war 2. But I want to be a little ahead of the race if you know what I mean. I want this build to last more than just a year or 2.

Mossiac

I would but it's getting old now. Although I won't be buying a new GPU until the rest is done, so if it does the job in th enew system then I will keep it.

Mossiac

OK i have found this rather cool website where you can "build" a PC, so I have made two builds, one Intel and one AMD. (for those that know about the site already (and I think that will be a few of you) my apologies for being a little over the top.)

So AMD build,
AMD FX-8350 - AMD Build - Mossiac's Saved Part List - PCPartPicker United Kingdom

And Intel build,
Intel Core i5-4670 - Intel Build - Mossiac's Saved Part List - PCPartPicker United Kingdom

Notes on these builds:

First I don't need a case, RAM or OS.
Second I am thinking about a new GPU.
I also belive that I need a new monitor (suggestions on one please. 21" max 18.5" min, widescreen and HDMI.)
And is there a cheaper power supply than the one on the list that is modular and 80Plus certified??

Also in respect to the GPU and monitor, I would like a monitor with decent sound and the GPU to be able to send the sound through HDMI, so I can then get rid of my speakers.

Thank you for any ideas.

Mossiac

Back
Top Bottom